What’s the Best Electrical Estimating Software for My Company.?
This is a common question that we get asked every day.
The simple answer is the best one that you can afford.
Now with the Best Bid Hybrid Pro you can easily afford the best.
You may be a guy with a dream still working in the field or a small (3) man shop, we assume you both have the goal as the larger shops and that is to grow and make money.
To grow you need more work and to get more work you need to bid more jobs to bid more jobs you either have to work longer hours or invest in electrical estimating software like the Best Bid Hybrid Pro.
At first this is always a hard choice to make. You don’t have enough time in the day to do what you need to do now. You don’t need an extra expense. You are not a computer wizard. The list of excuses goes on and on not to make the move to purchase a software.
It is a simple truth that you will fail or succeed based on your ability to estimate. So when the light goes on and you see that the answer to growing is getting more and profitable work and the answer to that goal is purchasing and learning a electrical estimating software the search starts.
It is amazing at the choices out there today and the choice can be overwhelming.
Some will be nothing more than a shopping cart while others will be too hard to learn.
I will save you some time and provide you a few notes about the Best Bid Hybrid Pro.
Mike Holt —https://www.mikeholt.com/EstimatingSoftware.php
Says to ask these questions:
- How long have they been in the business of selling software?
We have been in business over 25 years.
- How many customers do they have?
We have over 3000 customers
- What other software products do they sell?
We only sell electrical software. Our sole focus is on the electrical industry.
- What is their background in estimating and electrical contracting?
I started in the electrical trade in 1974. In 1989 I was hired to manage a large electrical contracting company. So I have been basically full time estimating for over 30 years along with software design and training. I have not seen everything but I have seen a lot. Best Bid has a team just like me. Electrical contractors and estimators.
Mike Holt also suggest looking at the different companies to see which one fits your needs.
We could not agree more.
Here is a list of some estimating software companies:
- Con-Est [ https://www.conest.com ] Manchester, NH 1-800-662-7687
- McCormick Estimating [www.mccormicksys.com] Phoenix, AZ 1-800-444-4890
- QuantumXP Professional [www.electricalresources.com] Titusville, FL 1-321-385-3005
- Red Rhino Electrical Estimating [ https://www.hardhatis.com ] Irvine, CA 1-866-444-7411
- TurboBid [https://www.turbobid.net ] Plainfield, IL 1-888-417-2458 (Includes free copy of Mike Holt’s Estimating book) – Please use discount code: holt) View Demo
- Vision InfoSoft [ https://www.visioninfosoft.com ] Carlsbad, CA 1-800-258-7752
- Best Bid Estimating Electrical & On-Screen Takeoff [http://www,bestbidestimating.com] 1-800-941-7028
The more that you look the better we look. At Best Bid we know estimating!
No one has estimated more jobs than we have.
Some advantages of using the Best Bid Hybrid Pro
- First is cost. Money isn’t everything but if you can get a better product for 1/3 the cost that is a plus.
- No extra fees with Best Bid, Free extra license, free tech support, lifetime updates.
- You get real technical help with Best Bid. We are there to answer your questions and give advice. We don’t just sell software we are electrical contractors, and estimators.
- We have the only On-Screen Takeoff that is built right into the software. We don’t rely on a third party company for this task.
- We are easy to use and easy to learn while being extremely versatile.
- We have a one button backup so you always have your files safe.
- We also have a one of a kind sharable database that can be shared with other users or with your home computer.
- Advanced substitutions of products like changing Set Screw fittings to Compression.
- Copy existing projects.
- Create and store groups of items that make up a special installation.
- Our database is very large but is very easy to add a single product or complete product groups with ease.
- By using simple single screens you can add all of your lighting Tags and counts all on one page at one time in lieu of having to enter these one at a time like most software. The same with your devices and Branch Circuits.
- We have a different approach to speed up your estimating. No need to look through 30K lines of assemblies to find the same ne you use on every project. That was designed from the start but with new technology today there is a much better way.
- Best Bid keeps fresh and adds new ideas when new technology is available.
- If you look at all the software available there is no reason to purchase anything but the Best Bid Hybrid Pro.
The Best Bid Hybrid Pro is the best software for any company.
In addition to providing you with an estimate the information captured will also provide workforce solutions such as.
- Keep workers on jobsites and out of the supply house
- Reduce paperwork and eliminate errors caused by double data entry
- Improve internal communication
- Manage and decrease overhead costs
- Prevent overbuying and under buying
- Reduce back-and-forth file sending
- Improve efficiency.
Not every electrical contractor has the same goals for the future—and that’s okay. What’s most important is that you have a plan in place to help reach those goals … whether you want to be more efficient, grow your business, or just make things easier.
No matter which path you’re following, the right electrical estimating software can help you get there. Best Bid is the right estimating software!
When you purchase estimating software you must dedicate the time to learn it. Like every new thing you start to do there is a learning curve. You must be determined that this is what you want and you will spend the time to make it happen.
As you bring additional people on board, processes and project management will become even more important. The Best Bid Hybrid Pro can help make sure everyone follows consistent steps to complete tasks using the same platforms; it also keeps workers on the same page to eliminate communication problems and keep teams on the path to successful project completion. By providing break outs of each phase of the project you know how much time and material it will take to perform each task. Now you are in a position to track the progress against the estimate.
Electrical estimating software can also be an attractive way to help recruit new employees, from office staff to journeymen and master electricians. If you can demonstrate that you have resources available to help your team members succeed, reduce human error, and boost productivity so workers have more time to spend with their families, then you’ll stand out as they search for jobs and consider their employment options.
None of this is possible if you don’t have a made up mind to tackle a new way of doing things. All estimating software has a learning curve but we will be there to help you all along the way.
Let Best Bid help you like we have helped so many others.